Friday, July 13, 2012

Three

After finding out we can start looking for a new place to live I've been pinning a lot trying to figure out what kind of vibe/feeling I want our new place to have. In college we just bought things because they were cheap and somewhat matched. I am determined to make this next place look very put together. We plan on being in our new place for years so I want it to feel like a home; every place I've lived before now I knew I was moving and didn't really put any effort into it.

I don't think I need to explain what Pinterest is, but this will be my go to place when decorating. I haven't been able to craft as much as I would like because we are living with my parents with no extra space to put large items. My mom used to be an interior designer so I think I get some of my creativity and love of decorating from her.

This week I am going to focus on 3 headboards I've been dreaming over. They all are simple, yet very different and look like they will bring a master bedroom together just right.

Simple: wood with "love" hand painted

Practical: use as a shelf to display things

Dramatic: white fabric hanging from ceiling (top runner right now)

This weekend Ryan and I are going on a mini vacation to Cedar Key with my aunt and cousin for a nice getaway. I have been doing some research on this little fishing town and I'm excited to get away from technology for a little bit. I plan on only bringing my phone, book and boardgames, no computer this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment