Wednesday, April 24, 2013

In your twenties

I have been noticing many articles/movies/shows lately about being in your 20's and "finding your self." It first started when I watched Tiny Furniture on Netflix by Lena Dunham which led me to start watching her show on HBO, Girls. Both are about a girl who recently graduated college and is still trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life, figuring out relationships with guys and figuring out the line of when to ask your parents for help.

Being the same age as the main character I found many things in common with her. I am still trying to figure out what kind of career I would like to have. I know it will be in hospitality, but that's as far as I've gotten. I'm still working on finding a balance between work and being married. It's hard when you work completely opposite schedules.

The whole asking for help from my parents, that's the only one I've got figured out. Ryan and I are at a place where we are financially stable where we don't get any help from our parents. Which to me is a huge accomplishment that I am very proud of because the cost of living for 2 people isn't cheap.



Recently I found this article on BuzzFeed that made me laugh and was so true:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/life-in-your-early-twenties-vs-your-late-twenties



No comments:

Post a Comment