Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tammy

While in NC a couple weeks ago I learned that there was a movie being filmed in a tiny little town called Shallotte, where one whole side of my family lives. As soon as I heard that a restaurant was transformed to fit a scene in a movie I knew I had to do some research and see what this movie, Tammy was all about.

From IMDB, "after losing her job and learning that her husband has been unfaithful, a woman hits the road with her profane, hard-drinking grandmother." The cast is pretty well known as well; Melissa McCartney, Susan Sarandon, Dan Aykroyd, Allison Janney, Kathy Bates, and Mark Duplass. If you don't recognize any of those names google them and you will recognize them for sure.

I'm used to seeing movie sets and celebrities, I've even been an extra in a few movies but hearing that this movie was filmed in this small town was pretty cool. I also learned that most of the movie was being filmed in Wilmington, NC which is about an hour away. Tammy sounds funny and with it's cast I have some high standards for it. I can't wait to see it when it comes out next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment