Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5 years

The day after my sisters birthday is my grandfathers birthday and the day he passed away 5 years ago. I was jealous that my sister always had someone to share her birthday with. Every year we would all get together and they would blow out the candles on their cake together. When you share a birthday with a grandparent you automatically have different bond with them.

There are lots of things I miss about my grandfather but I won't bore you with them all. Mostly I want to thank him for the opportunity he gave my cousins and I to grow up knowing each other. He had a chalet in Gatlinburg that we went to every summer until I was in high school. My cousins and I are very close for living so far apart and I can't think him enough for that gift he gave me of knowing who some very special people are in my life. 

I love and miss you every day grandfather!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment