Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chicken pot pie

During the week I went home to visit with my family after my great grandma passed away and my cousin and I cooked everyone a nice meal. We spent almost 2 hours preparing everything but it was all worth it. My dish, good old comfort food; chicken pot pie.

I researched how to do this, got ideas from many recipes and came up with one which turned out to be the best pot pie "better than Perkins" my Grandma said! I think what made it different was I boiled the chicken so it was nice and moist before heating it up with the rest of the ingredients. Besides the chicken there was a bag of mixed frozen veggies, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and a splash of milk. After baking for 45 min I put big biscuits on the top so each serving had a nice warm biscuit.

It took a while to make, but it was very simple. Lots of waiting around for things to cook.


Top view

Layers of chicken, soup and veggies

Perfect pot pie

No comments:

Post a Comment