Friday, December 14, 2012

Three

The past couple of Sundays Ryan and I have been going to a Unitarian Universalist church in Tarpon Springs. We are not very religious but we we've been researching for places to go that don't talk about God the whole time or push their beliefs on you and I think we've found the type of church that does just that. From the Tarpon church's website, "it may be said that in the Unitarian Universalist denomination there are no fixed creeds or dogmas, but, rather,there is encouragement of independent thinking and free inquiry in the search  for a meaningful religion related to everyday living."

What I get from that, everyone is equal and it's OK to believe different things. What other church do you know that has an openly gay minister and a gay flag hanging out front? 

I also discovered this week that if you cover your fingers with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover then wrap that with tin foil over your fingers for a couple of minutes it takes glitter nail polish off veryyyy easy. I never use glitter on my nails because it's difficult to get off but now with new years around the corner I'll be wearing glitter more often. I'm not sure how it works, it just does. Don't believe me, try it!

Wednesday night we went to a food truck and wine event in Hyde Park and met Joel Stein an author of "manly" books and a contributor to Time magazine. I had no idea who he was but Ryan has listened to him on NPR before.We had a great night tasting different wines, trying food and meeting new people. Oh and this event was totally free!!

This church is also home to George Innes Jr's paintings that are from the early 1900's.



Wrapped in tin foil. 
Glitter on every finger.


Thank you Stark Raving wine for sponsoring this event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment