Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This is UCF

Ryan and I went to UCF yesterday to hang out, study, see old friends and enjoy the college life again. Here is what I thought while on campus:

As I sit here in the middle of the hustle and bustle at one of the largest universities in the nation I know no one but myself and Ryan. I was the one who recognized 80% of the people on campus because I knew everyone in my dorm and went out every night.

I walked to class in 100 degree weather every day, 30 minutes each way with my heavy lap top in hand. Gossiped about friends, roommates and boys. Went to the gym almost every other day. Wore a UCF shirt everyday. Got every thing I could for free when things were being handed out on campus. Failed tests, passed tests. Worried about getting a neon green parking ticket if I parked in the events garage during the week.

Now, today, I have none of those issues. During my time in college those were first world problems though. Sometimes I wish I was a student again, but then I look back thinking about how much I struggled just to pass my classes. Even though it took me longer to graduate I wouldn't change anything that happened in college. My life is pretty good now.

It's weird, but being here just gives me the energy and motivation to keep doing better things with my life. It's hard to explain but there's just something about being connected to this university that reminds me that everything is OK.




I took this video with the Vine app I talked about last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment