Friday, July 19, 2013

Liebster award nomination

I was nominated for a Liebster award by my fellow real life friend and blogger Ember at Budget Splurge Beauty! It's an award given by peers to bloggers who have under 200 followers. The idea is to recommend smaller blogs so that you can spread the word about them!

I was told to give 10 facts about myself and then answer 10 questions Ember came up with. Thanks for the nomination. This sounds like fun!

10 facts about myself:
1. I have 2 rescue dogs, Gizmo and Barney
2. I get paid to watch concerts
3. I work at the Amway Center and Blue Man Group
4. I lived in Scranton, PA for 9 months
5. My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years now 
6. I used to sleep with a blanket until I went away for college
7. Can't go a day with out coffee
8. Guilty pleasure TV shows include, Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl
9. I have moved 5 times in the past 2 years
10. I am addicted to Pinterest


Embers questions: 
1. Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
After reading Cupcakes and Cashmere and The Small Things Blog religiously for a year I thought to myself "hey I can do this too, maybe people will want to know what I'm doing"

2. What is your favorite drugstore makeup product?
Essie nail polish or ELF makeup 

3. What is your favorite color, and how do you incorporate it into fashion?
My favorite color is purple, but thinking about it I don't really have anything purple. lol. I like wearing neutral colors and having good accessories

4. What is your advice to bloggers who want to give up?
Keep posting, and get your name out there on social media. Link everything back to your blog

5. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween, it's always fun to be someone else for a day oh and I am obsessed with the smell and taste of pumpkins!

6. Favorite type of shoes?
Flip flops, unless I'm working you'll see me in my flops or Toms

7. Where do you buy most of your clothes?
I love a good deal, Forever 21, H&M, Old Navy, Target and even thrift stores

8. What is your advice to fashionistas on a budget?
Makeup, buy stuff that's from the dollar store to experiment with, find out what you like then spurge if it's you think it's a good investment. Clothes, shop at Plato's Closet, have a clothing swap with your friends, dig deep in the racks at Goodwill

9. Who is your celebrity style inspiration?
I don't really base my style of any celebrities, but I feel that Carrie Underwood never looks bad in any picture whether she is dressed up or down

10. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
Alaska, I am obsessed with moose

No comments:

Post a Comment