Monday, July 22, 2013

Simple summer mantel

I didn't feel the need to go all out for the summer mantel since I've already been planning what to do for the fall (I know I've still got a while to go, but it's my favorite time of the year!) I found things from around the house and bam a minute later I had a transformed from the 4th of July decor into a simple rustic summer look.

The lanterns have been on the ground ever since I started decorating so it's a nice change to see them front and center. My mom gave me the star last time I saw her and I already had the branch from previous look.

Total cost: 0.00!!!

Simple rustic summer mantel 

Star, lanterns, branch 


The wood smells great

Ryan got all of this wood for free from Craigslist. I wasn't sure why but it makes the office smell good and I will be using it in some fall decor in the next couple months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment