Monday, August 26, 2013

Tattoo #3

I'm sure many of you are wondering what those coordinates mean that I got tattooed on me the other day. Since today is my birthday and this was my birthday present I figured I'd let you all in on the meaning behind those numbers. I've mentioned my cousins and our trips to Gatlinburg, TN many times on here. But every summer since I was born my cousins and I would stay in my grandfathers chalet in the mountains until I was in 8th or 9th grade. It's where we made up dances to Spice Girls, swam in the community pool and used the sauna, went to Dolly Wood, road go karts, spent our nights in the hot tub and road down the mountain on the alpine slide. Lastly, it's where we made most of our childhood memories.

My grandfather had 4 other siblings who had kids, then they had kids my age. We all live far away from each other so the only times we'd see each other was for a week during the summer. If it wasn't for this location and my grandfather I would not know my cousins. We wouldn't be so close to each other and we wouldn't have been in each other's weddings. For being hundreds of miles apart we still keep in touch and we still make it a point to get together at least once a year since my grandfathers passing so we can keep the memory of Gatlinburg alive.

I know these may just be numbers to you, but to my cousins and I they mean something more. I am honored to wear the coordinates to my grandfathers chalet, it not only reminds me of my childhood summers but it reminds me of the place he help built so it reminds me of him everyday as well.

They are on my side. It didn't hurt as bad as the tattoo I have on the top of my foot

Not just numbers, but a meaning

If you google the coordinates it shows the chalet!



No comments:

Post a Comment