Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blue suede

For my dads birthday I made him one of Duffs cakes (from the TV show Ace of Cakes.) I had heard that he came out with a line of cakes and frosting's so this was the perfect opportunity to test one of these out. I made "blue suede" which was a blueberry flavor. I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed along with everyone else who tried the cake.

The color was a bright blue which was awesome, but if you're going for the blueberry taste I'd skip on this one. There was just a little hint of blueberry. I've made a better blueberry cake with muffin mix and real blueberries.

The frosting was fudge flavored. It tasted like any other chocolate frosting so for the price I'd just buy the cheaper one next time, and that goes with the cake mix as well.

Duffs mixes from Ace of Cakes

Blue cake mix

I made a heart shaped cake

Happy birthday dad

Blue cake




*Fun fact, I've been to the shop in Baltimore! (we didn't go in but I took pic's of the outside)

No comments:

Post a Comment