Friday, July 27, 2012

House update & 3 things

We found out last night that we did not get the house we made an offer on :( That's ok though, now I get to pretend like I'm on House Hunters a little longer :) It would have been awesome to have gotten better news, but we did have to rush into things. It was the 4th house we had ever looked at and it already had 2 other offers and we had to come up with our own by 5PM the next day with no idea what the other people put on the table. We have had to change the location of our future house because of our budget, but we're embracing it as a new adventure and a new town we get to explore. Everything will work out, I'm sure of it.

Now onto 3 things. I have recently purchased some new beauty items that I have been using the past 2 weeks and I think it's time for a good and honest review on them. I read The Small Things Blog everyday and Kate, a professional hair stylist is always raving about the Kenra hairspray so I found out where to buy it and just bought the travel size so I didn't waste my money in case I didn't like it. I have been wanting a pale purple polish for a while now and every time I see it in the NYC 99cents sections I pick it up and contemplate buying it and never have until I was at Ulta and just went with it.

Finally, I discovered the E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face) makeup section at Target. Everything was under $10! I was sold because I want to try new things but I don't want to spend a fortune on them. I kept going back and fourth on investing in Mac products but I think I will be going to Target this weekend to get some concealer for $3 and lip gloss for $1. I have been reading reviews on this brand and have heard nothing but good things!

$6.00 at Ulta. Works great, doesn't make my hair feel hard but holds everything in it's place.

$2.00 at Ulta. I love the color. Hate the product. It dried pretty quick but the next couple of days it felt "sticky" and I would get marks on the polish if I rubbed something against it like it was still in the drying process. I should have stuck to my 99 cents polishes from NYC.

$1.00 at Target. Love the colors but I think I'll be investing in an eye brush because the one that came with it is a little rough on my lids when applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment