Tuesday, September 11, 2012

House tour: part 3

This week I'm focusing on the living and dining room. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out what would work best in our small living room. We decided on a smaller couch that folds out into a full size bed and an ottoman in place of a coffee table (we still haven't found the right one.) There isn't that much space to work with so it's been kind of difficult finding the right pieces in here. It's not like we have a ton of visitors and need more seating, so I think we've done a good job so far.

The dining room table also backs as Ryan's desk for school. Usually there's a bunch of papers everywhere and it has to be cleared before dinner. But this works for us because there isn't room to put a desk anywhere without the place looking like we're furniture hoarders.

Next week will be my last house tour post; I'm glad I've waited to show off the porch because Ryan is currently working on adding more shading and plants. I was planning on writing about it last because I thought it wouldn't be anything special but I think it's going to look really good when it's done.

Looking into the living room.

Can you believe that couch folds out into a full size bed?
This shelf is directly in front of you when you walk in the door. 
The dining room. There's a little nook in the corner that I have no idea what to do with so for now it holds random stuff that doesn't have a place and is semi covered by a huge decorative plate. lol.
This gives you a better idea of what is on the left side of the house. (Barney's favorite spot is the tile near the fireplace.)
Instead of side tables we found these boxes that double as storage.



No comments:

Post a Comment